"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you’re in control, they’re in control." -
Is it possible to increase confidence in others?
Absolutely, Yes! Remember, as a leader you are also a coach. Just like a sports coach, your athletes are watching you. You are a role model every day, no matter what your title is in your job. There are ways you can lead and coach others so they gain confidence.
5 leadership ways you can help others gain confidence:
1. Compliment them for a job well done, in front of their peers
2. Posture speaks volumes - walk tall with your shoulders back (and they will follow)
3. Give them decision making opportunities - show them you believe in them
4. Say, "Thank you" to express your appreciation whenever possible
5. Control your emotions - they are watching and learning from you
Click 'Coaching' to learn how it may benefit your leaders.